Dreams, Visions and Contemplations

Sharing what I have seen with both my inner eyes and my outer eyes.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Regain Consciousness Following an Operation

April 12, 1999

(I was scheduled for an operation to remove a ganglion cyst on my right foot. On the morning of the operation I woke up to the following dream.)

I could faintly hear the ringing of the telephone. Everything around me was black. Gradually the blackness lifted and the ringing phone became clearer. When I regained my senses I was sitting in the steps inside my house and I went to answer the phone. It was my mother asking me where I had been. I told her that I had no idea that I had just now woken up and had been sitting in the steps. She asked me how the operation had gone and how I had gotten back from the hospital. I told her once again that I had no idea, that I had just “regained consciousness.”

(When I woke up and was preparing to go to my appointment for the operation my husband asked me something quite unlike him, he asked, “What should I do if...?” I asked him what he meant by “if,” and he said hesitatingly, “If in case you don’t wake up?” I told him, after a pause, to do as we had always planned, “Just don’t unplug me,” I said. I finally made it to my appointment and the surgeon informed me that he wouldn’t perform surgery on me because he said I was a high risk patient under anaesthesia. This incidence and the above dream had me wondering about death and three weeks later, still wondering about all of this, I asked for a dream to guide me. The following dream was the answer.)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:13 a.m., Blogger Bernie Quigley said…

    . . . a remarkable dream about transformation to the new level of consciousness at this phase of your life. What is significant about your dreams to the rest of your life as you make the transition form Maiden to Mother to Wis Woman just as the millenium changes and the Platonic Month changes from Pisces to Aquarius - the cyst removed from your foot - you are cut free from second phase just as the world is cut free of Pisces - you survive the most difficult transition - a 'between" Tibetans call it because Death is a space/time essense of consciousness and not the absense of consciousness - as you survive, you become journeyer to tell what we will see.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home