Dreams, Visions and Contemplations

Sharing what I have seen with both my inner eyes and my outer eyes.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Déjà vu 2

Contemplation

Journal Entry (excerpt): April 22, 2000

Walking home from work last night, once again my thoughts roamed to the suffering children. My own are no exception. The populace worry about ozone depletion, extinction of animals, saving the trees, but we can’t even save our own kind.

How many children are destroyed, physically through malnutrition and abuse, emotionally through neglect and ignorance, and spiritually by their wills being broken, by experiencing contradictions and stupidities? Most parents do their best. But how many people do you actually know who would reach out and help someone else’s child? What if that child’s parents’ were your enemies? Are we not all children from the same source? Can we not put all of our differences aside and reach out to help somebody based solely on their being human?

When giving donations there is a false sense of having helped someone, but before anyone gets help there is a bureaucratic process that includes processing and sorting, investigation and a series of tests to see who is most worthy of help. Who is the judge? I say if you truly want to give then do it personally. Do not assess the person’s needs, do not judge their worthiness to receive your gift, and do not give your own discards. Give what you yourself most need, give because you see pain in someone’s eyes, give because you sincerely want to make a difference. Perhaps then our children having been shown love, abundance and freedom, will grow up to save the ozone, the animals and the trees.

This process of thought was so powerful that I wound up in tears standing by the road. I continued walking and thought if only I could save one child and then another child and then someone else would do the same and this progressed until it culminated in all the world’s children being saved and then something shiny, glowing silver in the moonlight caught my eye. I stopped and looked down at the sidewalk and there where the moon shone embedded in the cement I saw a child’s footprint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home