Dreams, Visions and Contemplations

Sharing what I have seen with both my inner eyes and my outer eyes.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Mandalas 2




In these two mandalas I incorporated the Hebrew letters that had been appearing in a series of dreams. These dreams involved initiations and rituals that I'd never heard of before. On one occasion I was painting using the same letters when I was interupted by the door bell. It was the delivery of a book on Kabbalah and I was astonished to see the same letters inscribed all over the cover of the book. Later I learned that the letters were the tetragrammaton.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:36 a.m., Blogger Bernie Quigley said…

    hynchronicity linked to something coming to you from the unconscious . . . having to do perhaps with "secret soceity" - Templars or Schriver . . . there is a Yale psychiatrist who recently wrote a book about a woman finding in a dream things fro the 12th ecentury. The same is here, as the doors of perception bring you back.

     
  • At 7:25 a.m., Blogger Bernie Quigley said…

    Hebrew Octagon - What I find most fascinating about the second drawing - the Hebrew icon - is that it appears to be the six-pointed Seal of Solomon or Star of David expanded to an eight-point figure. The Six point Star of David is parrallel with an identical Hindu mandala, but the eight-point (octagonal box) runs parrallel with the eight point Ba Gua; the sign of the I Ching. This ascends the Judeo-Christian passage to a third (a continuuom actually) Platonic Constellation, Aquarius - "Lost" sees this as well - its great rabbi J.J. Abrams, carries from the ancient Hebrew (at the birth of Clair's "new child" the name Aaron - brother of Moses - is given), the guide, "Mr. Eko" is a devote Catholic priest but turning in a new direction, "The Prisoner", Henry Gale is Jesus, but the production expands all these elements to the new millenium and packages them in Eastern visions. Lost is prophecy & so are these visions.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home