Dreams, Visions and Contemplations

Sharing what I have seen with both my inner eyes and my outer eyes.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dreams 2

Spanish Lessons

October 18, 1997

I was in a house and there was a couple there and they were learning what appeared to be Spanish. They said a few phrases and I tried to guess what they meant, then the husband said, “Buenos Diaz (Dias)” so I repeated and he appeared surprised. Later I was in another room (hallway or bathroom) and I was looking through their lesson books. One phrase that I remembered was Sitar Dyia.

_________________________________________________________

Avidor Scribner

October 26, 1997

I had a dream within a dream. When I awoke from the deeper dream I couldn’t remember the deeper dream but I did remember having written it somewhere. In the regular dream I was sitting at the foot of the stairs (in my then current apartment,) when my right hand got really hot. I looked at my hand and there I had written a name and address from my deeper dream. When I awoke completely I remembered the name: Avidor Scribner; but the address was something along the lines of: 4 Ruins… In this regular dream I was aware that I was dreaming and went to a low-housing district; I was walking with my son D., it was dark out except for the street lights. There were some derogatory remarks painted on the pavement and a young couple walking behind us. I was a little bit scared, but not of the couple, or for us, but afraid for the couple (their safety.) They had never been in this neighbourhood and could be vulnerable to the gangs. I hurried home, or my mother’s house (I’m not sure whose place it was,) but she wasn’t there. There was some people there and a note on the table for me. My mother had left me a note saying that she had left a two dollar bill on the table and to help myself to supper. I was looking for the two dollar bill when a girl told me she had taken it and had replaced it with a check. So I took the check, without verifying the amount, and stuck it in my purse. There were all kinds of food on the table, mostly Italian dishes, but a few Chinese items (chicken balls and fried rice.) An old man, (in my dream he was my grandfather, and although he may have resembled him slightly, it wasn’t my grandfather,) asked me to get some cheese, like I always did, to put on the pasta dish. I went in the cupboard, that was filled with food, and got some canned parmesan, then I changed my mind and grated some fresh cheese (mozzarella and another white but firm cheese.) The rest is hazy, until I find myself on the stairs with the message in my hand.

__________________________________________________________

Alpha and Beta

December 10/11, 1997

Alpha was the female spirit and Beta was the male spirit. Alpha and Beta were slipping in and out of the human consciousness of some of the characters in my dream. Beta became enthralled in his character and thought that the female character, which Alpha was associated with, had fallen off a cliff. Beta, now totally entwined with the male character, jumped off the cliff, not being able to bear a life without Alpha. (Beta, in his humanistic male form committed suicide.) The female character that Alpha embodied was shocked by the male’s death and decided to commit suicide herself. Alpha retreated from the female’s body and watched her die. Alpha is then seated alone, in a sort of mourning ritual, in an apartment, contemplating the events that had just taken place. She decided that her presence had somehow caused the destructive behaviour of humans and decided to hide deep within the heart of the female, to be found only by the enlightened.

__________________________________________________________

1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 a.m., Blogger Bernie Quigley said…

    Avidor Scribner – Dream within the dream; circle within the circle – this dream seems to begin a journey in the “house” of the dead/”The Land of the Dead”/The Unconscious. Varied talismans appear (“grandfather,” ancestors – those from the beyond with whom we are still connected as one). Readers should know that the “two dollar bill” is the regular currency in Canada – the Toony. In the U.S. it has a very different connotation. The Tooney is the “true currency” – it has a picture of the Queen; a coin like this or a gold coin is often the symbol of deeper truth in a dream. (It is quite a beautiful image because the Toony actually has two circles: two colors and two natures – Outer; silver and Inner; copper, which here in this dream represent inner nature and outer nature, with the Queen of England, who in the most mythical and archaic English law, in fact represents Albion, the Earth Mother incarnate – Cosmic Yin). You enter here into the deeper truth: the Circle within the Circle, the inner life. Jung repreented these states as the Conscious and the Unconscious. Buddhist expressions Samsara/Nirvana likewise would be ok. . . . “hand got really hot” and you wrote down an addess; it is a message from the Unconscious. Avidor Scribner would be one of your guides in this space/time journey. This is not the Self, but the Self of another individual or entity in the Unconscious – someone with dual nature perhaps/ a name in the world or an actual individual and a name in the Universe.

    Alpha and Beta – a beautiful dream from the Unconscious which well defines our times. The primary spirits Cosmic Yin and Cosmic Yang, like the Tree and the Snake in the Garden of Eden, dance through the world and manifest in our lives. In our recent centuries Cosmic Yang has dominates, completely possessing the Body (human endeavors) and pushing Cosmic Yin off the cliff. When Cosmic Yang dominates, Cosmic Yin is expressed in her Dark Manifestation – this we see in the culture as well; the Age of Kali – the Death Mother – brings the dark side of the Mother and the ascent of Cosmic Yang (Mozart’s Magic Flute tells this same story – the shift form Cosmic Yin to Cosmic Yang & in fact, this would be a great play in that same tradition.) But here the Spirits both die and are both able to be Born Again – there is no Death in dreams, as in Buddhism. This is a millennial dream; the Cosmic Lifeforce, Yin and Yang seeking to be Born Again in a new cycle of humanity. The date of these dreams – winter, 1997, as the millennium is turning, is highly significant.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home